For nearly 40 years, Cordee has provided a sales and distribution service for a variety of worldwide publishers - getting books, maps and guides to the booktrade and outdoor trade in the UK & Europe. We supply books to outdoor shops, book shops, wholesalers, library suppliers and non-traditional book markets. We have become Europe's largest specialist distributor of outdoor titles - there's nothing else quite like Cordee.
Cordee currently represents around 80 publishers on an exclusive basis, ensuring that their books are in the shops at the right time. Our list of consignment publishers includes:
Odyssey travel guides
Low Pressure - Stormrider surfing guides
The Alpine Club
Pesda Press - canoe & kayak guides
British Mountaineering Council
The Ramblers Association
The Climbers Club
Scottish Mountaineering Trust
Cycle City Guides
Sustrans- cycle guides
Rockfax climbing guides
Cordee also represents many smaller UK and worldwide publishers who have niche, quality books, guides or maps and who are unable to get their titles to the retailers.
Our standard service to our consignment publishers offers the following:
* Stockholding - bulk stock is delivered to our warehouse where it remains the property of the publisher.
* Sales management service - taking care of customer orders, deliveries and invoicing.
* Monthly reporting - giving dues, goods sold, and stock level information.
Marketing and sales representation:
*A publisher's title is listed in our catalogue, on our website and in our widely circulated monthly Newsletter.
* We support the marketing efforts of the publisher through our own marketing team who can advise on an effective plan of action and help prepare sales material.
* We represent our publishers at trade shows such as the key bookfairs in London and Frankfurt and the outdoor shows at the NEC, Harrogate and Go Outdoors, Friedrichshafen.
* We have a team of booktrade reps who cover the whole of the UK, regularly visiting all the major bookshops.
* Cordee works closely with the outdoor trade with regular face-to-face meetings with key customers to review our publishers' titles.
* We have a focussed database of trade, magazine & national press book reviewers who regularly receive review copies and press releases from us.
Cordee now has a well-established Advantage distributor account with Amazon and, by agreement with our publishers, we manage the Amazon relationship on the publisher's behalf.
If you are interested in becoming one of Cordee's consignment publishers, please contact email@example.com .